This Delicious low-calorie burger part beef, part mushrooms bring the best of both (Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian) world flavors, topped with crispy and healthy baked fries.
1/2-pound ground beef (85 percent lean)
3 large Portobello mushrooms, stems removed; chopped
1 small yellow onion, grated
1 large red onion, sliced
1 large tomato, sliced
4 green leaf lettuce
2 avocado, sliced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Worchester sauce
2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
4 hamburger buns
4 slices American Cheese or sharp cheddar
Toppings: Baked fries(see recipe on my site)
Sauce:Mayo, ketchup, Dijon mustard
- Heat grill to high. Char chopped mushrooms, sliced red onion and cook until soft. Set aside.
- Combine ground beef, grated yellow onion, Worchester sauce. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and stir in 1/2 of char mushrooms. Mix until combined.
- Form 4 thick patties about 3 1/2-inch.
- Brush preheated grill with vegetable oil.
- Grill buns, sides down. Set aside.
- Grill 50-50 meat-mushrooms patties for about 8-9 minutes if you like them medium.
- Meanwhile spread sauce in both sides of grilled buns.
- Top with red grilled onion, tomato, lettuce, avocado, rest of char mushrooms, beef-mushroom patty and cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bun and delicious roasted fries.
Crispy Delicious baked Fries (see my site for recipe)