1 large onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 6 Roma tomatoes
2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped + 1 tbsp. extra for garnish
1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup red wine
2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter
3 Tablespoon tomato paste
1 (4 ounces) tomato sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 package angel hair pasta, cooked following box instructions
1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring for 1 minute, until soft. Add minced garlic.
- Add diced tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh oregano. Season with salt, crushed red pepper flakes and black pepper. Incorporate tomato paste, tomato sauce, orange juice and wine.
- Simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until sauce slightly thickened, add 2 tablespoon of the grated cheese over sauce.
- Pour cooked angel hair pasta over the sauce and mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
5. Sprinkle with extra fresh basil and the rest of the grated Pecorino Romano cheese and serve. Enjoy!