3 large bananas
1/2 cup cake flour
1/3 cup of corn starch
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 cup chilled club soda water
vegetable or canola oil, for frying
2 cups of tempura flour
- Peel and cut each of the bananas in three big pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot, mix tempura flour with baking powder, and corn starch. Stir in club soda water until well incorporated, leaving the batter with a lumpy consistency.
- In a large pot, heat 3-4 inches of vegetable oil.
- Place cake flour in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
- Dust each piece of banana with the cake flour in all sides.
- Place dusted bananas into the tempura mix batter until well coated all around, and carefully fry them until lightly pale golden color and crisp for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove fried bananas and drain on kitchen towel paper.
- Served next to a delicious creamy vanilla ice cream. Yum!