1 1/2 chuck pot roast meat, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
4 yellow potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
4 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
4 diced Roma tomatoes
1 large onion, diced
2 cups of peas, frozen
2 bay leaves
4 cups of unsalted beef broth
2 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup of red wine
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat olive oil at medium-low heat in a heavy pan.
- Incorporate pieces of beef well coated with flour into the olive oil and browned beef on all sides.
- Add potatoes, garlic and onions, stir. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in carrots and tomatoes. Seasoned with salt, pepper, ground thyme, fresh chopped rosemary, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, and at low heat simmer with lid on for about 45 minutes. Incorporate wine and let it reduced.
- Stir in frozen peas and cook through for another 15 minutes. Add cilantro leaves. Remove bay leaves and serve. Enjoy!