Ingredients for the Cake:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated Sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup Sour Cream, room temperature
1 1/2 cup Cake flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
Filling and Topping:
2 Tablespoon All-purpose flour
1 1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon, ground
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of Pecans, chopped small
2 Tablespoon butter, melted
- Blend all ingredients together for the filling and topping. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9×13 tube pan with butter.
- Cream butter and sugar until very fluffy for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating very well. Add sour cream. Stir all ingredients until creamy and very smooth.
- Use a large bowl and sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Incorporate slowly into the batter. Add vanilla and stir all.
- Spoon half of the batter into the greased pan and top with half of the filling. Spoon rest of the batter over and top with the rest of filling.
- Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool and serve. Enjoy!