2 pounds medium size gold potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1 handful of salt for boiling water
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2-pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, diced
fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
1 pint of shitake mushrooms, small diced
2 Tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 teaspoon black pepper
fresh rosemary leaves for garnish
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of water with a handful of salt. Bring it to boil. Cook the potatoes for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Rinse from water and let them cool for about 5 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 425 grades Farenheit.
- Use a potato masher and press down on each potato about 1/3 inch thick or you also can use the bottom of a sheet pan and mash all potatoes at once.
- Mix in a small bowl, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Brush both sides of potatoes with seasoned oil. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown. Meanwhile potatoes are in the oven sate onion and mushrooms in butter until soft. Add ground beef. Seasoned with cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Add fresh chopped rosemary leaves. Cook meat for 15 minutes until brown and all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Remove smashed potatoes from the oven. Let it cool for 5 minutes on pan. Spoon a full tablespoon of meat topping over each Potatoe. Serve over mix greens with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and olive oil.