3 medium zucchini, medium diced
4 Roma tomatoes, medium diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium diced onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 Tablespoons of butter
3 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons of zest of a lemon
salt and pepper to taste
2 strings of fresh Rosemary
A handful of torn fresh basil
2 strings of fresh thyme
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and butter. Incorporate diced zucchini and sate for about 5 to 7 minutes till tender. Add onions and diced tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic. Meanwhile, bring a large pot with water to boil the spaghetti. Add in salt. Incorporate spaghetti and cook according to the packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and put aside a 1/3 of a cup of pasta water.
- Incorporate pasta into the sauce. Lower heat. Add lemon juice, salt, black pepper and zest of lemon.
- You can add now 1/3 of a cup of pasta water. Toss all ingredients well.
- Sprinkle pasta with fresh thyme leaves, fresh rosemary and fresh basil leaves. Toss again until well combined. Serve while warm. Sprinkle with more fresh herbs, squeeze of a lemon, drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!