Smooth and creamy without the heavy cream!
5 cups of broccoli florets
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, diced
2 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
2 potatoes, diced
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup whole milk
2 Tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Use a large pot and heat over medium high heat and melt butter. Sauté the onions until softened. Incorporate minced garlic.
- Add potatoes and broccoli.
- Seasoned with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Add broth.
- Bring it to a simmer uncovered, then place lid on pot. Lower heat and cook for about 30 minutes until broccoli and potatoes are tender.
- Add milk and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Turn stove off. Use a hand blender and puree until smooth.
- Add cheese while hot and mix. Ready to serve and warm your soul up. Enjoy!