2 Pounds Russet potatoes, scrubbed and peel on
4 Tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil paper for easy clean up and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over to coat sheet pan.
- Cut potatoes in same size thickness to cook evenly, about 1/4 inch-thick.
- Place potatoes wedges into a large bowl and cover them with water. Let them soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain potatoes wedges and pat them dry with paper towel.
- Use a large bowl to toss potatoes with rest of olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and minced garlic.
- Spread potatoes wedges in a single layer on the prepared pan.
- Roast in the lower third of the oven for about 20 minutes, then flip the wedges over using a spatula and sprinkle with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Let potatoes wedges to crisp up and be deeply golden on all sides for about 10 to 15 extra minutes.
- Serve while hot. Add extra sea salt if you want. Enjoy!