1- 16 ounces Fruit Cake Mix
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup walnut halves
5 eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 Tablespoon dark molasses
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup dark raisins
1/3 cup date, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/3 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup rum
- Grease with butter 6 cavity mini loaf pan (great for individual Xmas gifts). Preheat oven to 250 grades Fahrenheit.
- Combine all fruits cake mix, dates, raisins and walnuts in a large bowl and pour rum over. Let them soak overnight and placed on your kitchen counter.
- Into another large bowl, beat together at medium speed eggs, both sugar and butter until well blended. Scrape bowl making sure all ingredients are incorporated. Add molasses and mix.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves. Add slowly to egg mixture and beat for about 2 minutes in high speed until all ingredients are well combined. (Do not over mixed)
- Stir in fruits and nuts mixture.
- Spread mixture evenly into 6 greased mini loaf pan or any pan of your choice.
- Bake for about 1 1/2 hour or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted into mini cakes comes out clean.
- Let it cool for about 20-25 minutes. Invert and serve. Enjoy!