Ingredients for Tiramisu
24 ladyfinger cookies
1 cup fresh brew coffee
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup homemade Eggnog or store-bought
2 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese, room temperature
semi-sweet chocolate shaves, for garnish
Ingredients for Easy Homemade Venezuelan Eggnog-Ponche de Crema
2 cups milk
1 can(14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
5 egg yolks, beaten
1/2 cup rum
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
1 cinnamon stick
1 lime zest
Preparation for Eggnog
- In a large pot heat milk on low . Add cinnamon stick, ground nutmeg and the zest of a lime. Mix and incorporate condensed milk. Stir to combine.
- Remove 1/2 a cup of this warm milk mix and added to beaten eggs whisking constantly. Pour this egg mix back into rest of milk and keep stirring until Eggnog has thickened.
- Incorporate rum, mix and remove from heat.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Pour into a blender and blend until well combined.
- Use a funnel to transfer Eggnog into a glass bottle. Store in the fridge. It could last up to 1 month. Enjoy with some cinnamon on top when serving!
Preparation for Tiramisu
- Beat egg yolks using a hand mixer at medium-low speed until pale. Add sugar and mix well until creamy and dissolved.
- Incorporate room temperature soften mascarpone cheese, 2 tablespoons of brew coffee and 1/4 cup of prepared Eggnog. Mix until combined for about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining coffee with rest of prepared eggnog in a bowl.
- Grab each lady finger cookie and dunk for about 5 seconds into the Eggnog-coffee mix. Arrange cookies into a 12 x 12 inch glass casserole.
- Spread half of mascarpone cream on top. Repeat with another layer of cookies and spread rest of cream on top.
- Whip heavy cream at high speed until fluffy and incorporate powder sugar slowly until well combined. Spread whipped cream over the top.
- Garnish with grated chocolate.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours before serving. Enjoy!