1 1/2 pounds fresh mussels, cleaned
1/2 pound shrimps , cleaned and deveined
1 pound fresh calamari cut in rings, cleaned
4 garlic cloves, minced
juice and zest of 2 lemons
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 Tablespoons of parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a gas grill at medium-high heat.
- Place fresh mussels, shrimps and calamari into a heavy-duty foil pan. Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil and wine over mussels and calamari. Cover pan with foil. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until shellfish are open and shrimps turned pink.
- Continue cooking until all shellfish are open and discard any unopened ones. Add lemon juice and zest of lemons. Toss all well. Cook for another 5 minutes to absorbed all juices.
- Serve in a bowl and set aside.
Ingredients for Glazed Mashed Potatoes
4 large Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon salt + 1 tablespoon for water
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 teaspoon cream cheese
- Add salt to a large pot with water, and bring to a boil. Add quartered potatoes and cook till fork tender for about 20 minutes, drain.
- Heat milk and butter over low heat. Add warm milk and melted butter over potatoes. Seasoned with salt and pepper. Using a potato masher bring potatoes to a creamy and smooth consistency.
- Add cream cheese and mix till no lumps.
In a small saucepan combine 1/2 cup of red balsamic vinegar with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Let it boil and reduced by almost half to thickened.
Place delicious creamy mashed potatoes into a serving plate. Incorporate mussels, grilled shrimps and clams on top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Sprinkle fresh parsley. Enjoy!