4 cups organic unbleached flour
3/4 cup of starter (yeast recipe on my site)or 1 active dry yeast package
2 1/2 cup filtered warm water (120 to130 grades Fahrenheit)
1/2teaspoon kosher salt
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
We recommend you to use a pizza stone to be placed directly on a preheated 450 grades Fahrenheit BBQ Grill raised up about 3 to 4 inches above grill, or bake into the lowest oven rack for about 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is browned.
For the Dough:
- Combine water and organic fresh yeast in a bowl. Let it sit for 10 to 12 minutes, until bubbly. Add sugar and with your hands dissolve it into the yeast mixture.
- In another bowl, combine organic flour and salt. Add the yeast and extra virgin olive oil. Mix using your hands until flour is well incorporated with the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer your dough to a floured surface and knead it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place dough into a well greased bowl with olive oil. Cover with a clean towel and place dough into a warm spot in your kitchen to rise for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and roll out into a disc using the heels of your hands.
- Place pizza into a well floured pizza spatula and transfer it to the preheated pizza stone.
- Assemble with your desire topping.
- Cover the grill and cook pizza for 8 to 10 minutes until edges are crispy and golden brown.
- Ready to share it, Enjoy!
Note: Use any toppings of your choice. I used Homemade Marinara sauce(see my site for the recipe), top with fresh mozzarella, fresh mushrooms, tomatoes, and garnish with fresh basil or sage. Rustic, simple and delicious!