1 pound (16 ounces) Rigatoni Pasta, cooked to package instructions.
3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2-pound Spicy Italian Sausage, casing removed.
1/2 -pound ground meat
1 onion, small diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 fresh Roma tomato, diced
2 sprig fresh thyme
2-3 Tablespoon tomato paste
1/3 cup red wine
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, grated for garnish
1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- Boil water and cook pasta al dente. Remove water and save 1/2 cup of pasta water. Set cooked pasta aside.
- Use a large saucepan and over medium heat, heat olive oil and butter. Add ground meat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Incorporate sausage and cook through for 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in onions and garlic and continue cooking until soft and tender.
- Add in fresh diced tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, tomato sauce, fresh thyme leaves, and pasta water. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat and keep simmering until sauce have thickened. Pour sauce over cooked pasta and mix till well incorporated. Sauce can be kept in freezer into a glass safe container, until ready to use.
- Serve and garnish with grated cheese. Enjoy!