1 (17.5 ounces) package puff pastry thawed (if frozen)
2 Tablespoon of corn syrup or granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups of whole milk
1/2 cup of heavy cream
3 extra large egg yolks
1 teaspoon of vanilla or vanilla bean
4 Tablespoon sugar
3 Tablespoon of corn starch
powder sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 375 grades Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon sheet or parchment paper.
- Cut the sheet of puff pastry in 3 equal rectangular pieces.
- Place cut rectangular pieces on your prepared baking sheet. Prick dough with a fork lightly. Sprinkle with granulated sugar or brush with corn syrup. Cover cut pieces with another parchment paper on top and place another baking sheet on top to avoid over puffing.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and bake with no sheet on top for another 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place pastry sheets over a rack to cool completely. Set aside.
- Prepare Pastry Cream: Heat the milk in a saucepan until just started to boil. Remove from heat and set aside. Mix sugar, egg yolks and corn starch in a large bowl. Add 3/4 of the hot milk slowly to this mix and whisk constantly. Pour over left milk in the sauce pan and heat at low until thickened. Remove from heat and place a plastic wrap directly on the surface of cream. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Assemble: Take one sheet of puff pastry and spread cool pastry cream over the top. Place another layer of puff pastry on top of filling. Add more cream and add last top of puff pastry. Refrigerate and sprinkle powder sugar over the top or make a simple glaze of 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 2 cups powder sugar with a drizzle of a chocolate using cocoa powder and powder sugar. Enjoy! 🙂
Note: Enjoy with Raspberries too 🙂