3 cups All-purpose flour
3/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cup water, warm
2 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 packet active dry yeast or 1/4 cup homemade starter (see my site for recipe)
- Place a pan over low heat. Add extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic and chopped rosemary. Sate for only 5 minutes to release the flavors. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast and honey. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes to activate.
- Incorporate 1 1/2 cup of the flour into the warm water, yeast and honey. Combine well with your hands and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the flour and salt. Mix until well combined. Knead over lightly floured surface until dough becomes very smooth.
- Preheat oven to 450 grades Fahrenheit.
- Transfer dough into a large well oiled bowl. Cover dough with damp towel. Place it in a warm place (next to preheated oven)is ideal. Let rise for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Use a 9 x 13-inch baking pan size well greased with olive oil. Transfer dough to the pan. Drizzle garlic-olive oil mixture over.
- Using your fingers, dimple the dough with the olive oil-garlic mixture.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise for 20-30 minutes or until increased in size.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and bottom is cooked and sponge. Let Focaccia rest to cool over a rack “if you can wait”.. Enjoy!