Limoncello is a classical Italian Liqueur that easily can be made at home following my recipe. Drink it cold as a digestive or use it to infuse the refreshing lemon flavor into your desserts. Enjoy!
8-10 large Organic lemons, washed and dry
4 cups of 100-proof Vodka
For the Syrup:
4 cups of granulated Sugar
3 1/2 cups of Water
- Peel the lemons in long strips, only the yellow part using a vegetable peeler. Set aside.
- Place the lemon peels in a large pitcher. Pour Vodka over the peels and cover the pitcher with a cloth. Leave it to infuse into the alcohol for at least two weeks away from direct sunlight.
- In a medium size saucepan over low heat, stir the water and sugar together until dissolves. When it starts to boil remove from heat and let it cool completely.
- Pour the syrup over the Vodka and lemon peels. Keep covered overnight at room temperature.
- Remove lemon peels and transfer your Limoncello into glass bottles. Close tight. It can last up to 2 months in a cool place or in the refrigerator.
- For uses of your delicious Homemade Limoncello check this recipe out in my site of Limoncello Pound Cake with Limoncello Glaze.