Anita’s Kale Chicken-Avocado Salad
A leafy green salad, great for your everyday diet. Jump into a new start. Delicious and healthy.
1 Bunch curly kale (sliced into small ribbons)
2 Cups chicken, roasted
1 Avocado, medium diced
½ Fresh lemon juice
½ Fresh orange juice
2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Teaspoon honey mustard
¼ Teaspoon salt
¼ Teaspoon pepper
½ Cup roasted walnuts (see recipe below)
Preparation for roasting walnuts
1. Set oven at 375° Fahrenheit and lay 2 cups of walnuts on a baking sheet pan.
2. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of coconut cooking oil. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/3 teaspoon salt,1 /3 teaspoon of ground paprika, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of blue agave nectar.
3. Mix and combined all. Place into oven and roast for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from pan. Let it cool.
5. Place into glass jars for best lasting and freshness.
Preparation for salad
1. Whisk together lemon juice, orange juice, and honey mustard. Drizzle olive oil slowly.
2. Add salt and pepper.
3. Add avocados and walnuts. Mix and massage kale with your lovely hands combining all ingredients.