1 can (106 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained and juice reserved
20-24 ladyfingers cookies
1/4 cup sugar
4 egg yolks, whisked
2 cups whole milk
1 Tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or orange liquor
1 cup pineapple juice
1 (8 ounces) Cool Whip
- Heat milk in a medium size pan on medium heat and right before the boiling point turn off heat and set aside.
- Using another saucepan whisk together sugar, cornstarch and egg yolks until pale and smooth.
- Incorporate warm milk slowly while constantly whisking over medium-low heat for about 12 to 15 minutes or until custard thickens.
- Add orange liquor or vanilla extract and mix all well.
- Let custard to cool down and set aside.
- Use a deep bowl and pour in drained cocktail fruit juices and mix with pineapple juice. Set aside.
- To assemble: Using a 7×7 inch glass pan or any one you have, dip the lady fingers in mixed juices and arrange a layer of the lady fingers evenly on bottom of your pan.
- Spread 3/4 of the custard on top. Pour 3/4 of the fruit cocktail over custard.
- You may continue for another two layers.
- Spread custard again on top.
- Lastly top with ready whipped cream(you can make your own).Beat together 1/2 cup of heavy cream with 2 to 3 cups of powder sugar.
- Spread final top layer with whipped cream. Decorate top covering with cocktail fruits completely.
- Place in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours or overnight to chill. Enjoy!