1 Pound Rigatoni
1 Pound ground Beef
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Butter
1 Onion, small diced
4 tomatoes, small diced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup fresh Basil leaves, cut in long thin strips
4 Sage leaves, cut in long thin strips
1/3 cup Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- Prepare a large pot with water with a pinch of salt and set it at low heat.
- Set at medium heat a saucepan with olive oil and add ground meat. Brown meat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and diced onions. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, ground cinnamon, dried oregano, and nutmeg.
- Pour white wine to deglaze the pan and add tomatoes. Stir and let it simmer at low heat for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Higher the heat under salted water pot and let it boil. Add dried pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drop cooked Rigatoni into the meat sauce, add butter and half of fresh basil and sage. Toss gently all together.
- Remove from heat and serve. Sprinkle over the top with rest of the fresh basil, and sage. Top it with grated Pecorino Romano, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Yum! Enjoy next to our homemade delicious bread ( see recipe).