For the homemade cookie crust:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/3 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 grades Fahrenheit
- Cream together melted butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add egg, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well all ingredients until combined.
- Transfer to a baking pan layered with parchment paper. Press cookie dough into the pan.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes and set aside.
Ingredients for Vanilla Cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
zest of an orange
- Combine in a medium size saucepan milk and sugar. Bring it to a boil and add cornstarch mixed in the 2 tablespoon of cream.
- Stirring constantly at medium-low heat until mixture thickens.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, add vanilla and orange zest. Do not let it cool completely.
- While is still slightly warm pour cream mixture over cookie dough.
- Arrange desired fruit on top of filling and place it in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours or overnight. Enjoy!