2 cups cake flour or All-purpose, sifted
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup whole milk, room temperature
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup plain yogurt, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup salted butter, room temperature
1 Tablespoon of instant coffee
1 teaspoon hazelnut or coffee liquor
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 grades Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch spring-form pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Use a medium saucepan and combine butter, milk, espresso powder, cocoa powder. Heat at medium-low heat stir occasionally until melted. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, sugar, and baking powder into a large bowl. Add into this flour mixture the melted chocolate-butter mix from step 2, and beat for 2 minutes until well combined. Add hazelnut or coffee liquor and mix.
- Whisk in eggs and yogurt until very smooth.
- Pour your chocolate batter into your greased spring-form pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for about 20 minutes. Invert into a rack.
Perfect Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Sift 1 cup of cocoa powder and 4-5 cups of confectioner’s sugar into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together 2 1/2 sticks of melted butter and add sifted cocoa powder and confectioner’s sugar in low speed for about 2 minutes. Mix until creamy and well combined.
- Add 1 to tablespoons of heavy cream and 1 teaspoon of coffee liquor(vanilla extract is ok too). Beat in high for another minute or using a whisker.
- Frost your chocolate delicious cake when completely cool.
5. Enjoy this piece of super moist chocolaty heaven!