1 3/4 cups Cake flour
5 eggs, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon rum
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 can (12 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
4 cups mixed fruits
2-3 cups of powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 grades Fahrenheit.
- Butter a heart-shape spring-form baking pan or any shape pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Combine in a big bowl cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk on high speed using an electric mixer eggs, rum, and sugar until yellow pale.
- On low speed incorporate flour slowly. Beat until well combined.
- Add melted butter and mix using a spatula. Do not over mix batter.
- Transfer batter into your baking dish and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine and whisk using a large bowl evaporated milk, whole milk and sweetened condensed milk till combined.
- Remove cake from oven and let it cool just for 5-7 minutes in pan.
- Use a long wooden skewer to poke top of warm cake. Pour mixed milk all over, and let cake cool and absorbed mixed milk.
- Meanwhile, whip in a cold bowl cold heavy cream for 2 minutes. Add powder sugar and beat until creamy and soft peaks forms.
- Release cake from spring-form baking pan and transfer into your serving dish. I always prefer to use a deep serving plate as the cake continue to release some milk mixture out.
- Spread whipped cream evenly over Tres Leches Cake and top it with mixed fruits. Keep refrigerated. Enjoy!