2 Apricots cans(15 ounces each)cut in halves
3 large egg yolks
3 large egg whites
1/4 cup granulated sugar +2 Tablespoon
4 Tablespoon flour
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon orange zest, grated
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange liquor
2 Tablespoon powder sugar(for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 375 grades Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile rinse apricots from juices and dry them well with paper towel. Coat apricots with 2 tablespoon of sugar and orange liquor. Set aside.
- Grease a pie glass round (9 inches)pan with butter spray or simply use butter.
- In a large bowl combine egg yolks and sugar using an electric mixer at medium-high speed, beating continuously for about 2 minutes until pale yellow color is reached. Incorporate zest of an orange and vanilla extract. Mix all well.
- Add flour, heavy cream and beat continuously at low speed for about 2 minutes until creamy consistency .
- Meanwhile in another medium size bowl whisk egg whites at low speed till soft peaks forms and add it to your creamy batter, folding in with a spatula until all egg whites are incorporated.
- Place all coated apricots facing down all around, and in the center of the pan.
- Pour over batter and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes until custard is set.
- Remove from oven. Place more apricots on top if you like and sprinkle with powder sugar. Enjoy!