Slightly spicy curry sauce thickened with yogurt, tender chicken and grinding your own spices makes all the difference. Enjoy!
1 pound chicken breast, cut into large bite-sized chunks
3 large potatoes, cut in large size
3 carrots, sliced
1 onion, large diced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
3 Tablespoon tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala spices
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup plain yogurt
- In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and butter. Add chicken. Cook until lightly golden browned. Chicken will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Add onions, garlic, potatoes and carrots. Cook for about 15 minutes until potatoes and carrots are starting to become tender.
- Add the garam masala, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, curry, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add tomato paste and 1 cup of water. Bring it to a boil. Simmer at low heat for about 20 minutes until sauce thickened and vegetables are tender.
- Add yogurt and stir through.
Serve next to Basmati Rice. Enjoy!