A simple, refreshing and light salad with a citric vinaigrette that you will end soaking your pita bread in it. Try it!
1 pound heirloom variety cherry tomato, cut in half
2 unpeeled cucumbers, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup fresh mint
2 Tablespoon mint, dried
juice of 2 lemons
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon sumac, ground
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Prepare the dressing by mixing in a large bowl lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic and extra virgin olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper, sumac and dried mint. Mix all ingredients.
- Incorporate heirloom green, red and yellow cherry tomatoes, leaves of fresh mint and cucumbers.
- Stir well to coat all vegetables with dressing.
- Refrigerate for about 30 to 35 minutes to marry all flavors before serving. Enjoy!