7 to 8 medium zucchini
4 plum tomatoes, small diced
1- 8 ounce can organic tomato sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, small diced
1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced(for garnish)
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
1 teaspoon basil, dried
1 teaspoon thyme, ground
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven at 375 grades Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the pulp , leaving about 1/4 inches. of zucchini shell.
- Place all clean zucchini boats in a butter greased glass pan.
- In a large skillet at medium heat sate center meat removed from zucchini, in olive oil for about 5 to 8 minutes. Add diced onions, and minced garlic. Cook for another 5 minutes till onions are tender.
- Incorporate diced tomatoes. Seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano, basil, thyme and garlic powder. Add tomato sauce. Stir and combine all ingredients.
- Simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes at low heat until juices from vegetables and sauce have reduced. Set aside.
- Fill each zucchini boat with sauce. Cover glass pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until zucchini shells are fork tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle zucchini tops with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!