Turmeric: A miracle yellow-bright spice that supports a healthy brain, promotes a youthful radiant skin and by having a piece of this delicious light cake you will also improve your mood 🙂
4 cups flour
2 cups semolina, finely ground
2 Tablespoon Turmeric
1 Tablespoon Anise, ground
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups granulated sugar
3 cups nonfat milk
2 Tablespoon tahini
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Mix flour with semolina in a big bowl with your hands. Add baking powder, baking soda, turmeric and ground anise.
- Add vegetable oil and mix all with your hands until is all crumbly.
- Incorporate sugar into the milk, mix well and pour over batter until you reach a soft texture.
- Grease a 12 inches square or round pan with tahini. Pour the batter in. Brush top with tahini paste using a pastry brush.
- Release air from the pan by hitting the pan over your kitchen counter to make a flatten and even cake batter. Decorate top with pine nuts and sprinkle over with some sesame seeds.
- Place your cake in a 400 Fahrenheit preheated oven. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes until top is golden.
- Remove cake from oven. Allow to cool.
- Cut cake into squares and enjoy.